1965 Alco started producing the 3,000 hp. Century 630
Locomotive. It was produced concurrently with the 2,800
hp. C-628, but it incorporated an advanced GE a.c. traction
alternator which provided the extra 200 hp. The most
distinctive spotting feature of the C-630 is the large
aftercooler radiator housing which extends above the
roofline (the aftercooler radiators enhanced the performance
of the locomotive while operating under a heavy load).
The C-630 also featured a modified cab which offered
more interior space for the crew. Through the end of
production in the late 1960s, a total of 133 units were
produced for railroads in the US and Canada.
Speed motor / low friction drive
Iinstalled AccuMate® magnetic knuckle couplers
Optional body details include:
Hood: with or without horizontal headlight (used where
-Pilot: with or without footboards (used where appropriate)
DCC Gold Models Features:
- Supports all DCC-programming modes
- DCC includes RailCom and RailComPlus, with 14, 28 or 128 speed steps and with 2-digit and 4-digit addressing.
- Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28.
- A total of 6 DCC function outputs are available, and all can be function mapped (disable, brightness, light effects) individually
- Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
Sound Functionality Features (DCC Gold version only):
- Over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover sounds through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes and more.
- There are up to 16 user-selectable horns, 2 user-selectable bells, and 2 user-selectable synchronized brake squeals.
- Manual and Automatic Notching modes with the ability to change modes ”on the fly” are provided for true realism.